Pink Lotus Plants
The Lotus (Nelumbo nucifera) symbolizes purity, beauty, majesty, grace, fertility, wealth, richness, knowledge and serenity.
- Reviews (0)
The Lotus (Nelumbo nucifera) symbolizes purity, beauty, majesty, grace, fertility, wealth, richness, knowledge and
serenity. The Pink Lotus is the National Flower of India. Nelumbo nucifera is known by a number of common names,
including Sacred lotus, Indian lotus and Sacred water-lily.
Lotus Plant Care
- The Lotus plant should be fertilized sparingly for the first year.
- Too much fertilizer may cause the Lotus foliage to burn.
- A Lotus plant that is established can be fed every 3 or 4 weeks during the growing season.
- Care must be taken when inserting fertilizer tabs, because the growing tip and new growth can be damaged.
- It is important to protect the Lotus roots from freezing.
- Lotus can winter over in the pond if the pond depth is below the freeze line for your area.
- In late fall, the yellowed foliage should be cut off and the plant lowered to the deepest part of the pond.
- Or you may lift the tubers after the plant has died back during the fall.
- If you lift the tubers, store them in a cool, frost-free location until late spring.
- To help prevent mildew and rotting, store them in living sphagnum moss.